Monday 24 April 2017

5 Years In Enugu, Over 100 Trips With PMT, No Accidents.

I schooled in University of Nigeria, Nssuka. I spent an extra one year in Enugu where I managed media equipment for a popular Reverend Father there in the state. I spent a good number of years in the coal city, getting better in my profession.

Considering I am from Delta state, I had to travel home every now and then, both as a student and a worker. In all my years in Enugu, Peace Mass Transit (PMT) was my preferred transport firm. There was this distinction about them that made them different from the many other transport firms.

It was rare to go into PMT Old Park in Enugu and get delayed. This was one of the many turn off from other transport firms around. You hear excuses like "we dey wait for two passengers" or "abeg help me call vulcanizer, my tire don less" and all the 121 reasons that usually go wrongly.

I keep wondering why Peace Mass Transit always come under attack. Vehicles have accidents, no matter the brand, make our model. Even the name of a transport company cannot safeguard it from accidents, that's why it is surprising that some persons have taken it as their life's mission to bring Peace Mass Transit down through media campaign.

Having spent not less than half a decade in Enugu, I'm sure i traveled over 100 times to Delta state via Onitsha. All my trips was with Peace Mass Transit, not one of my journey ended in accident. I also know some have traveled even more than I did without accidents.

I have on more than one occasion had to report a driver who I believe will be punished. Yes, not everyone was as lucky as I am with having safe trip, but accidents are not peculiar to one transport company. They can happen to anybody. We can only pray to God for journey mercies.

Don't blame me if I don't believe the whole story about Peace Mass Transit this, or PMT that... With about 5 years of my life doesn't in Enugu, over 100 trips made from Onitsha to Enugu and vice versa, don't judge me if I tell you that Peace Mass Transit (PMT) is the safest transport company I have traveled with.

By Monnel..

No comments:

Post a Comment